Our Prime Locations
"We strongly believe that our customers should be able to get in touch with us no matter what time of the day or night.”
Services & Operations
Stalkers Transport has been providing transport solutions for more than 47 years, constantly meeting changes in demand.
Accredited by Quality Guild and backed by the fully integrated Stirling Solutions Transport Management & Accounts system & Big Change Apps full vehicle telematics and tracking suite, we have operating centres strategically located to support a National UK Distribution Service and offer our customers total commitment with an unrivalled service.
By entrusting Stalkers to move your goods you know you have the full backup of their experienced team 24-hours a day, 365 days of the year.
- A 60 vehicle fleet with flexible specification & high payload
- Quality assured through Quality Guild
- Financial Strength
- Flexibility of vehicle choice offering more economical options to our customers
- More than 47 years of haulage and handling experience
- State-of-the-art computer technology
- All vehicles equipped with satellite tracking for security & real time information
- Stand trailers at customers’ premises available if required
- National full load distribution
- Just-in-time deliveries
- Ex-works collection services
- Specialist part load and groupage services between Scotland, the north-west and south-east of England
- Same day, next day and economy services available
- Northern Gateway Hub for cross docking, load consolidation and on-ward distribution services with 24/7 operations
- JIT warehousing
Stalkers Transport Options
- Container stuffing / de-stuffing
- Pick and pack, sorting and packaging
- Freight forwarding
- Contract management
- 14 acres of open storage facilities
- Contract vehicle maintenance
- Property development
- Secure overnight parking and changeover facilities
Groupage & Distribution
A 60 vehicle fleet with flexible specification & high payload, allows us to collect and deliver goods on the same day.
We invest continuously in our modern fleet and operate our own maintenance services to ensure optimum reliability and service levels.
- Full and part loads - The comprehensive solution for all your distribution requirements, from single pallets through to full loads
- Small Consignments - Cost effective, reliable distribution solutions for 1-5 pallet consignments
- Same Day Delivery - Fast, same day response for critical consignments
- Timed Deliveries - Accurate, on time booking in services in line with customer requirements
- UK-wide collections - Collecting your goods from anywhere in the UK for onward distribution, guaranteeing reliability, flexibility and quality every time
Groupage & Distribution
Our key objective is to deliver the services our customers need. To achieve this aim, we provide a comprehensive distribution solution, bringing together both in-house and networked facilities to ensure we match our service to your requirements.
From same day and single pallet through to full load and economy options, Stalkers Transport Services delivers.
24 Hour Access
For some time now we have been helping other hauliers reduce their carbon footprint, minimise their empty running, maximise their drivers’ running time and reduce their standing and waiting times by using us as their Northern Gateway into Scotland. This concept means customers and other hauliers with groupage freight have a quality, cost effective alternative to using a pallet network to send their goods into Scotland.
According to the European Environment Agency, a quarter of all trucks on the road in Britain are running empty and more than half are only partially loaded - let us help you reduce this statistic.
Gateway Services & Facilities
- Specialist hub for cross docking, consolidation and onward distribution services with 24/7 operations
- 24 hour manned secure drop off for deliveries into Scotland, the North West and North East
- Secure overnight parking and ideal changeover location with driver facilities
- Specialist JIT Warehousing including Pick & Pack sorting and packaging
- Container stuffing and destuffing on site
- Same day, next day, economy, booked and timed delivery services available
Stalkers Transport Services currently operates a UK wide distribution network not only for our own products but for our national database of clients. Daily we allocate upwards of 45 loads, up and down the country. If you have an empty vehicle and are stuck for a load home why not give us a try.
If you are a distributor or manufacturer and would like an alternative, again, make that call. Stalkers Transport Services are members of The Freight Transport Association and all transit goods are insured to their standard. Additional insurance cover can however, be arranged if necessary.
Working together means we can all benefit from cost savings and increased customer retention.
- Minimises empty running by offering return load opportunities to all areas of the country
- Maximise drivers hours, reducing nights out and increases vehicle return to base
- On site JIT warehousing means reduced stockholding and increased small consignment deliveries
- Less handling needed, less damages , less mis-routes
- Reduced need to run individual consignments
- Greater flexibility and later drop off times
- Better delivery times and next day service into Scotland
- Increased customer satisfaction and retention
Convenience, not compromise
Working together means that you are always kept up to speed with your deliveries and resource. Communication gives us control.
- Excellent on-site facilities offers drivers the bonus to rest, refuel, and even have their vehicle checked and maintained
- Great location - off Junction 43, 44 of the M6
- Inner circle preference giving quicker driver turnaround, rested, refueled and cleared
- Quality issues assessed, rectified and reported
- Minimise the need to travel and wait for return loads
"Consolidations in the North West for Scotland and in Felixstowe for South East deliveries with mid-way change over points means we can cover the UK overnight”
Warehousing & Storage
Our warehousing facilities include:-
- Container offloading
- Order picking
- Onward deliveries
- Caravan Storage – monthly, quarterly or annual arrangements, internal or external
- Long and short term storage
- Order picking and labelling
- Palletising and shrink wrapping/banding
- Trained and experienced staff
Stalkers Transport Services operates three purpose built warehouses storing goods ranging from foodstuffs through to garden furniture, offering 30,000 ft.² of high bay racked space maintained to the highest standards of quality and cleanliness.
We invest continuously in state of the art stock control systems, with online access for stock viewing for all customers.
Secure Storage Solutions
Stalkers Transport offer secure overnight parking facilities on their Brampton site with space available for up to 100 vehicles and trailers. There is 24 hour access to the security fenced, floodlit site, which also houses the benefit of security officers and CCTV. You can set up an account for this service or just ‘pay as you go’.
- Toilets & washroom
- Hot & cold drinks
- Snack vending machine
- Shops & takeaways 5 mins walk away
- Onsite CCTV & Security
- Vehicle & trailer repairs
- Hot soap pressure washer
Our location is ideal for changeovers. This allows drivers to maximise their driving time and increase productivity.
LGV Overnight Parking - £8.00 per night
Rigid vehicles - £5.00 per night
Changeovers - £2.50 per vehicle
Cash or Credit accounts available
Our fully equipped, dual pit workshop facilities are staffed by experienced technicians who are also available ‘on call’ out of hours.
We carry out servicing and repairs to our own fleet onsite and also offer maintenance services to other operators.
- Regular safety inspections to satisfy your operators licence obligations
- Roadside assistance
- MOT preparation and presentation
- Chassis steam cleaning
- Curtain repairs
- Floor repairs
- Windscreen repairs